Thursday, September 18, 2014

Taos Valley Farm #1

I was sifting through some old photos last night, and came across this beautiful pastoral scene.  The photo was not this much fun though.  I increased the size of the cottonwoods and added the structure.  The colors in New Mexico in the fall are a welcomed sight for me.  The only bad part is, it's an early reminded that winter is just around the corner.  New Mexico winters bring way too many months of brown and grey for me.  But, it is great when you get a fresh snow to paint.  The sun is almost always out, making the snow pop.
I live in Scottsdale now and winter is our best time of year.  I look forward to painting outside.  This is a good size painting and it will be up for auction on dpw.com tomorrow probably with my regular starting bid price of $75.  Thanks for reading and join my email list

No comments:

Post a Comment