Monday, October 6, 2014

Shiprockin', #198

No time to paint today, but here is a older painting I did in Shiprock, NM a few week ago, before I started my blog.  Simple, but I think dramatic.  No time to paint today, I am off to Home Depot to buy a 4'x8' sheet of masonite or MDF,  whichever they have in stock.  I'll be cutting new panels for many new paintings today.  About a year ago, I bought a table saw so I would be able to cut my own panels.  It's been great, for one I can cut true sizes.  The big manufactures make their panels a quarter inch small, which is frustrating when you go to frame your piece.  Secondly, I can make the panels any size and shape.  I made a 6''x 24" panel for a Sedona landscape once.  After the panels are cut, I apply a few thick coats of Gesso.
The Shiprock painting will be up for auction at my online gallery, dailypaintworks.com, with a starting bid of $75.

No comments:

Post a Comment